72° Conroe, TX
The Student News Site of The Woodlands College Park High School

Cavalier Post

Cavalier Post

Cavalier Post

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Woodlands Art Scholarship Competition

Sketchbook Skool

The Woodlands Art Council is hosting an annual art scholarship competition for graduating seniors. Scholarships have ranged throughout the years from $8,000 for Best in Show to $1,000 for Honorable Mentions. Participants are asked to submit a portfolio of three of their visual or literary works of art.

Applications close on Tuesday, January 23rd, 2024, at midnight CST. All applicants must be available for a February 10th interview to be considered for the scholarship. The Woodlands Art Council will only consider the first 50 applicants for interviews. 

• Accepted types of 3-D art include: Sculpture, Jewelry, Glass, Ceramics, Small Metals, Mixed Media, Fibers, 3-D prints, Animation, etc. 
  • Accepted types of 2-D art include: Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Mixed Media, Ink, Photo, Digital, etc. 
  • Accepted types of Literary art include: Short Fiction, Short Non-Fiction, and Poetry. 

“Awarded pieces will be featured in The Woodlands Arts Council Student Arts Scholarship Anthology Volume 2,” The Woodlands Art Council said. “Which will be available for purchase at The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival.”

Past nominees have included a large number of students from The Woodlands College Park. This includes being awarded the Best in Show Award, which last year was awarded to TWCP graduating senior Eleanor Rouswell. 

For more information and to participate, visit the official page of the Art Council. You’ll find all requirements to submit art, including contact information.