82° Conroe, TX
The Student News Site of The Woodlands College Park High School

Cavalier Post

Cavalier Post

Cavalier Post

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Speech and Debate UIL

Getty Images/iStockphoto
Tribune for speaking on a blue background 3d illustration

Our College Park Speech and Debate team has had a phenomenally successful week at the Caney Creek UIL District Tournament. The team ended the contest with 11 regional qualifiers in addition to every student competing earning a top six medal. All regional qualifying students will travel to Waco on April 26 to the 27 to compete in regionals. 

In Lincoln Douglas Debate, Karlie Mitchell placed 5th, Daria Bobrovskikh placed 3rd and is a Regional Qualifier and Jubaida Iftekhar placed 2nd is a Regional Qualifier. 

In Persuasive Speaking Sorina Southern placed 4th and is a Regional Alternate, Bailey Fischer placed 3rd and is a Regional Qualifier and Jessie Merriwether placed 1st becoming a Regional Qualifier and District Champion.

In Informative Speaking Olivet Ojajuni placed 5th, Rudra Sharma placed 2nd and is a Regional Qualifier and Sarah Synek placed 1st ,becoming a Regional Qualifier and District Champion.

In Prose Interpretation Layla Dudley placed 5th,  Kiersten Andino placed 3rd and is a Regional Qualifier and Bailey Fischer placed 2nd and is a Regional Qualifier.

In Poetry Interpretation, Sarah Synek placed 3rd Place and is a Regional Qualifier, Jessie Merriwether placed 2nd and is a Regional Qualifier and Lucy Garcia placed 1st becoming a Regional Qualifier and District Champion.

“The students work hard and the results show,” speech and debate coach Andrew Gibson said. “For a newly developed team we are accomplishing what schools that have been together for decades are accomplishing. As great as our success has been this year this is still just the beginning we are a young team that has a bright future and I can not wait to see what is next.”