79° Conroe, TX
The Student News Site of The Woodlands College Park High School

Cavalier Post

Cavalier Post

Cavalier Post

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Jump Into College Admissions

Jump Into College Admissions

Juniors, on February 27, 2024 from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. at the Jett Center, come check out CISD Junior Jumpstart. Junior Jumpstart is an event thrown by the district that offers students and their families the opportunity to learn more about the college application process. It includes English and Spanish sessions on different topics relating to college admissions.

The event will begin with a pre-session, Admissions 101, about the basics of college applications. The pre-session is followed by your choice of three additional sessions. The event will end with a Q&A with the presenters on the first floor, and CISD counselors will be available to answer additional questions.

The first set of sessions will be from 6:30-6:55 p.m.. These sessions include Admissions 101 in Espanol, College to career in a Year (Espanol), which discusses licenses, certificates, and apprentices, Fine Arts Majors (information on applying as a fine arts major and career possibilities), Junior Colleges (information about 2-year residential colleges), Medical Careers Panel (insight into health careers from current health professionals), Finding Your Fit (insight into how to find your best fit ad narrow down your college list), and Highly Selective Admissions and Holistic Review (information how holistic review is used in highly selective admissions).

The second round of sessions begins at 7:00 p.m. and includes Datos sobre la ayuda financiera (information on financial aid), Honors programs (insight into honors programs and their application process), Parent Workshop “Parent to Parent” (parents only, advice from parents who recently experienced the college application process), Transfer Success (college reps discuss their transfer process and the advantages of transferring), Texas Public Universities Admissions pathway (information about Texas public universities admission), Medical Majors (information about health career paths and their application processes), and Undecided Majors (information about being an undecided major and ideas for majors).

The final round of panels is from 7:30-7:55 p.m.. The panels include ROTC/Military Options (information about ROTC programs in college and joining the armed forces), Athletics (information about college recruiting process), Student Workshop “Essay Writing” (students only, tips for college essay writing), Business Majors (insight into possibilities for business majors), Financial Aid Facts (information on financial aid), Engineering Majors (college expectations and hints for the field of engineering), and Admissions 101.

Thank you to all the counselors and college experts who have made Junior Jumpstart possible. All CISD juniors and their parents are welcome on February 27, 2024 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Jett Center, 19043 David Memorial Drive, Shenandoah, Texas 77385.