74° Conroe, TX
The Student News Site of The Woodlands College Park High School

Cavalier Post

Cavalier Post

Cavalier Post

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Life in a Decade

A decade later, here I am lying in this dark room with no key, no sound, no heart. I kind of forgot how I got here. Was it my love for getting shot at and trying to be a war hero without the title? Or, maybe I dropped my guard and gave my heart a chance again…who knows how long it has been since that happened…regardless, I’m here now and trust me, it ain’t like everyone said either, no heaven or hell, no god and no devil, just me and shades of memory. Oh, I lost track of time here, sometimes, when I’m not fighting myself, I come across spots that are a little less dark than the rest, replays of memories. If nothing more, I wish I hadn’t brought regret with me, guilt too, both followed me all the way here for this long. I’m always bashing myself for things I couldn’t change or control, but hey, anyway, what am I really missing? People still killin’, government still trippin’, society given’ hell, got good people dead in cells, sending heartbreak in the mail, but hey, maybe you opened your eyes and changed because it’s more than the 6 letter word you all made it out to be. I try to cry, but I forgot how to long before I got into this room. I get sad and think about, well, you know what? It’s just the things I could’ve done before I got here, that’s some more crap they don’t tell you and never explain, “You never know the value of what you had until it’s gone.” They should add to that. 

Well, this is my little excerpt of the afterlife, or at least what it is for the lost…

View Comments (2)