73° Conroe, TX
The Student News Site of The Woodlands College Park High School

Cavalier Post

Cavalier Post

Cavalier Post

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

TWCP Tennis Team Triumphs Terrifically!

College Park Women’s Varsity Tennis
CP+Varsity
Cameron Jones
CP Varsity

TWCP Tennis Team Triumphs Terrifically!

By: Cameron Jones and Berkley Mullen

On October 12, 2023, the College Park Women’s Tennis Team was victorious against the Klein High School Varsity Team. They also recently beat CY-ranch 10-1. The College Park Tennis Team has won in all of their district matches except against The Woodlands. For every match, the team plays nineteen matches, but districts play first to win ten matches. In every season the team plays around twenty matches in total.

Tennis is an extremely interesting and exciting sport to watch. The tennis courts may seem like a calm environment, but the sport is very action-packed. Everyone in the crowd watching is engaged, attentive, and focused. No one is talking or doing other activities besides a quick applause when appropriate. The players must have a clear mind and fast reactions. They have to be able to read where the ball is going, so the crowd remains very quiet. The game is based on points and not time, so some matches could last for hours. 

Sara Bong, a sophomore on the College Park Varsity Tennis Team said, “I love this sport so much because I get to be outside and play with some of the best players in the state.” When asked what makes tennis different from other sports, Sara said, “The etiquette is one of the reasons I chose tennis. In tennis, everyone is super respectful…I want this sport to be recognized as something everyone can do.” Sara Bong said she, as well as many others on the tennis team, are excited for the rest of their upcoming matches.

Next Week, the College Park Tennis Team will compete against Klien Cain, and if they win, they will go to Waco for a three-day tournament. College Park High School has a wonderful tennis team. We encourage all College Park Cavaliers to show some school pride and keep the tennis players in our thoughts for their upcoming matches and tournaments.