Hoops, They Did It Again

Boys Varsity Basketball Continues Winning Streak Against Rival, The Woodlands

Student Center - The Woodlands

Senior Darel Reece scores 12 points during the Cavaliers 54-49 victory over the Highlanders.

Hannah Dollar, Editor

If you were unable to sit courtside for last week’s highly-anticipated rival game against the Woodlands, the rivals will meet two more times again before the season’s end. For those of us who missed it, let’s recap how the game went down and where the Boys Varsity Basketball team stands in their season thus far. 

The varsity Cavaliers stand to continue their winning streak against the varsity Highlanders, having won their home game last Fri., Jan. 7th, 54-49. College Park maintained a tough defense, holding the Highlanders to nine points in the first quarter and eight in the fourth quarter, never allowing the Woodlands to surpass them. CP also showed a balanced offense, with four Cavaliers scoring nine or more points, including Senior Darel Reece with 12 points, Junior Drake Kelley with 12 points, Senior Ty Buckmon with nine points, and Sophomore Martez James with nine points. You can catch the second of the three rival games at the Woodlands, Wed., Jan. 26th, at 7 pm.

In the meantime, the Cavaliers have gone on to win last Tues., Jan. 11th, against Grand Oaks, 56-45. The Boys Varsity Basketball team is currently 16-8 overall and 5-0 in their league, making them 1st in District. They will play Willis this Fri., Jan. 14th, at 7 pm for an away District game. The next home game will be the following Tues., Jan. 8th against Conroe. Come out and support them as they continue to defend their winning streak. Get your tickets here.