Join a Club

Hannah Dollar

TWCP Black Student Union

The Black Student Union was established this year and is dedicated to promoting cultural awareness. 

A message from the Club:

“Our Club is open to students of all backgrounds. We have plans to host events for Black History Month, Women’s History Month, and other programs to help students gain perspective while engaging with the community. We are already planning for next year and would love to get input from other students.”

For those interested in joining BSU next year, a survey is available on the Club’s Linktree or through their Instagram, @collegeparkbsu.

College Park Key Club

Key Club is the largest student-led service organization globally, providing its members with opportunities to contribute service, build character, and develop leadership. The Club offers monthly service opportunities to members to volunteer to earn hours and develop meaningful relationships with other members while giving back to the community. 

A message from the Club:

“Since CP Key Club is a relatively smaller club, there are numerous opportunities to volunteer and members have a good chance of being an officer on the board.We also take a yearly trip to Dallas for the district convention where we get to meet Key Clubbers from all around the Texas-Oklahoma states and learn more about the organization and the importance of service.”

To stay up-to-date with the Club’s upcoming service opportunities and meetings, follow their Instagram, @twcp_keyclub, or visit their website.

TWCP LEO Club

LEO Club is a community service organization stemming from their parent organization, Lions Club. 

A message from the Club:

“We do a lot of events in the community through Lions club, like the adopt a path cleanup, and through the township. We also organize Mr. Cav every year. We’re organizing a lot of new events to attract new members and give them more opportunities to earn points. So far, this includes a regular opportunity at the food bank, fundraising events, and more opportunities to help with organizing Mr. Cav. We are currently in the process of electing officers and finding a new staff sponsor so we won’t be able to give definite answers about events and such until that’s settled.”

Follow their Instagram, @twcpleoclub, or visit their Linktree to apply for officer positions and be alerted of upcoming meetings and events.

The Greenhouse Initiative

The Greenhouse Initiative seeks to empower students to grow a love for the environment, become drivers of change in the community, and learn sustainable habits. 

A message from the Club:

“Over the past year, we have revamped the greenhouse, grown multiple types of vegetables and native plants, and held a fundraiser to sell some of them. To try and gain more members for next year, we plan on having a planting event with Knox Junior High School’s 8th grade National Honor Society, allowing them to get to know us and our Club, and have a place to belong once they get to CP next year. We are also planning to attend both the CP club fair and the Camp Cavalier club fair, to give other incoming freshmen and current students a chance to see what we are all about. Once school starts up again in the fall, we hope to host a greenhouse “fall cleaning” event to attract some new students and get our greenhouse ready for the coming school year.”

For more club information, follow their Instagram, @greenhouseinitivecp, or visit their Linktree.

College Park Bioethics Club

Bioethics hosts biweekly debates and activities regarding real-life moral and ethical dilemmas in the fields of medicine, biological research, and development. 

A message from the Club:

“We offer an intellectually stimulating environment to learn about real world problems faced in high-impact fields, as well as a chance to improve as a public speaker and receive individual feedback. Students interested in pursuing medicine, bioengineering, public health, research, natural sciences, and research should join, along with those interested in legislation, public policy, ethics, and philosophy. Bioethics is a unique club with an incredible group of members that thrive in our open, engaging environment. We can’t wait to have you! We plan on advertising the Club on social media, through word of mouth, encouraging members to invite their friends, being at the club fair, and whatever other opportunities come our way.”

For Bioethics’ opportunities and meeting details, follow their Instagram, @cpbioethics.